Monday, May 31, 2010
When I meditated on the word Guidance,
I kept seeing 'dance' at the end of the word.
I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing.
When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.
The movement doesn't flow with the music,
and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.
When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead,
both bodies begin to flow with the music.
One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back
or by pressing Lightly in one direction or another.
It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully.
The dance takes surrender, willingness,
and attentiveness from one person
and gentle guidance and skill from the other.
My eyes drew back to the word Guidance.
When I saw 'G': I thought of God, followed by 'u' and 'i'.
'God, 'u' and 'i' dance.'
God, you, and I dance.
As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust
that I would get guidance about my life.
Once again, I became willing to let God lead.
My prayer for you today is that God's blessings
and mercies are upon you on this day and everyday.
May you abide in God, as God abides in you.
Dance together with God, trusting God to lead
and to guide you through each season of your life.
And I Hope You Dance
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Facts about bananas
A professor at CCNY for a physiological psych class told his class about bananas. He said the expression "going bananas" is from the effects of bananas on the brain. Read on:
This is interesting.
After reading this, you'll never look at a banana in the same way again.
Bananas contain three natural sugars -sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with
fiber. A banana gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy.
Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder the banana is the number one fruit with the world's leading athletes.
But energy isn't the only way a banana can help us keep fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions, making t a must to add to our daily diet.
Depression: According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.
PMS: Forget the pills - eat a banana. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.
Anemia : High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia. (I don't know if they stimulate production but they really aren't high in iron although they do have some iron.)
Blood Pressure: This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it perfect to beat blood pressure. So much so, the US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed the banana industry to make official claims for the fruit's ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke.
Brain Power: 200 students at a Twickenham (Middlesex) school ( England ) were helped through their exams this year by eating bananas at breakfast, break, and lunch in a bid to boost their brain power. Research has shown that the potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert.
Constipation: High in fiber, including bananas in the diet can help restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome the problem without resorting to laxatives.
Hangovers: One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.
Heartburn: Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn, try eating a banana for soothing relief.
Morning Sickness: Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness
Mosquito bites: Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the affected area with the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.
Nerves: Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system.
Overweight and at work? Studies at the Institute of Psychology in Austria found pressure at work leads to gorging on comfort food like chocolate and chips. Looking at 5,000 hospital patients, researchers found the most obese were more likely to be in high-pressure jobs. The report concluded that, to avoid panic-induced food cravings, we need to control our blood sugar levels by snacking on high carbohydrate foods every two hours to keep levels steady.
Ulcers: The banana is used as the dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and smoothness. It is the only raw fruit that can be eaten without distress in over chronicler cases. It also neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.
Temperature control: Many other cultures see bananas as a "cooling" fruit that can lower both the physical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers. In Thailand for example, pregnant women eat bananas to ensure their baby is born with a cool temperature.
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD): Bananas can help SAD sufferers because they contain the natural mood enhancer tryptophan.
Smoking &Tobacco Use: Bananas can also help people trying to give up smoking. The B6, B12 they contain, as well as the potassium and magnesium found in them, help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
Stress: Potassium is a vital mineral, which helps normalize the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body's water balance. When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium levels. These can be rebalanced with the help of a high-potassium banana snack.
Strokes: According to research in The New England Journal of Medicine, eating bananas as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death by strokes by as much as 40%!
I thought this one hilarous
Ugliness - The Body Shop uses some 250,000 bananas each year in the manufacture of its beauty products. In Central America, mashed bananas are used to relieve dry skin. Other homespun banana beauty treatments include exfoliating masks (blend mashed bananas with cosmetic clay), hair conditioner (combine mashed banana with a few drops of almond oil) and hand moisturizing lotion (mash a banana with 2 pats of butter).
Warts: Those keen on natural alternatives swear that if you want to kill off a wart, take a piece of banana skin and place it on the wart, with the yellow side out. Carefully hold the skin in place with a plaster or surgical tape!
So, a banana really is a natural remedy for many ills. When you compare it to an apple, it has four times the protein, twice the carbohydrate, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in potassium and is one of the best value foods around. So maybe its time to change that well-known phrase so that we say, "A banana a day keeps the doctor away!"
PASS IT ON TO YOUR FRIENDS
PS: Bananas must be the reason monkeys are so happy all the time! I will add one here; want a quick shine on our shoes?? Take the INSIDE of the banana skin, and rub directly on the shoe...polish with dry cloth. Amazing fruit !!!
Here is a link that I found with some information about bananas.
I just wanted to get the day over with and go down to Smokey's. Sneaking a look at my watch, I saw the time, 1655. Five minutes to go before the cemetery gates are closed for the day. Full dress was hot in the August sun. Oklahoma-summertime was as bad as ever--the heat and humidity at the same level--both too high.
I saw the car pull into the drive, '69 or '70 model Cadillac Deville, looked factory-new. It pulled into the parking lot at a snail's pace. An old woman got out so slow I thought she was paralyzed; she had a cane and a sheaf of flowers--about four or five bunches as best I could tell.
I couldn't help myself. The thought came unwanted, and left a slightly bitter taste: 'She's going to spend an hour, and for this old soldier, my hip hurts like hell and I'm ready to get out of here right now!' But for this day, my duty was to assist anyone coming in.
Kevin would lock the 'In' gate and if I could hurry the old biddy along, we might make it to Smokey's in time.
I broke post attention. My hip made gritty noises when I took the first step and the pain went up a notch. I must have made a real military sight: middle-aged man with a small pot gut and half a limp, in marine full-dress uniform, which had lost its razor crease about thirty minutes after I began the watch at the cemetery.
I stopped in front of her, halfway up the walk. She looked up at me with an old woman's squint.
'Ma'am, may I assist you in any way?'
She took long enough to answer.
'Yes, son. Can you carry these flowers? I seem to be moving a tad slow these days.'
'My pleasure, ma'am.' (Well, it wasn't too much of a lie.)
She looked again. 'Marine, where were you stationed?'
' Vietnam, ma'am. Ground-pounder. '69 to '71.'
She looked at me closer. 'Wounded in action, I see. Well done, Marine. I'll be as quick as I can.'
I lied a little bigger: 'No hurry, ma'am.'
She smiled and winked at me. 'Son, I'm 85-years-old and I can tell a lie from a long way off. Let's get this done. Might be the last time I can do this. My name's Joanne Wieserman, and I've a few Marines I'd like to see one more time.'
'Yes, ma 'am. At your service.'
She headed for the World War I section, stopping at a stone. She picked one of the flowers out of my arm and laid it on top of the stone. She murmured something I couldn't quite make out. The name on the marble was Donald S. Davidson, USMC: France 1918.
She turned away and made a straight line for the World War II section, stopping at one stone. I saw a tear slowly tracking its way down her cheek. She put a bunch on a stone; the name was Stephen X.Davidson, USMC, 1943.
She went up the row a ways and laid another bunch on a stone, Stanley J. Wieserman, USMC, 1944.
She paused for a second. 'Two more, son, and we'll be done'
I almost didn't say anything, but, 'Yes, ma'am. Take your time.'
She looked confused. 'Where's the Vietnam section, son? I seem to have lost my way.'
I pointed with my chin. 'That way, ma'am.'
'Oh!' she chuckled quietly. 'Son, me and old age ain't too friendly.'
She headed down the walk I'd pointed at. She stopped at a couple of stones before she found the ones she wanted. She placed a bunch on Larry Wieserman, USMC, 1968, and the last on Darrel Wieserman, USMC, 1970. She stood there and murmured a few words I still couldn't make out.
'OK, son, I'm finished. Get me back to my car and you can go home.'
Yes, ma'am. If I may ask, were those your kinfolk?'
She paused. 'Yes, Donald Davidson was my father, Stephen was my uncle, Stanley was my husband, Larry and Darrel were our sons. All killed in action, all Marines.'
She stopped. Whether she had finished, or couldn't finish, I don't know. She made her way to her car, slowly and painfully.
I waited for a polite distance to come between us and then double-timed it over to Kevin, waiting by the car. 'Get to the 'Out' gate quick. I have something I've got to do.'
Kevin started to say something, but saw the look I gave him. He broke the rules to get us there down the service road. We beat her. She hadn't made it around the rotunda yet.
'Kevin, stand at attention next to the gatepost. Follow my lead.' I humped it across the drive to the other post.
When the Cadillac came puttering around from the hedges and began the short straight traverse to the gate, I called in my best gunny's voice: 'TehenHut! Present Haaaarms!'
I have to hand it to Kevin; he never blinked an eye-- full dress attention and a salute that would make his DI proud.
She drove through that gate with two old worn-out soldiers giving her a send-off she deserved, for service rendered to her country, and for knowing duty, honor and sacrifice.
I am not sure, but I think I saw a salute returned from that Cadillac.
Instead of 'The End,' just think of 'Taps.'
As a final thought on my part, let me share a favorite prayer: 'Lord, keep our servicemen and women safe, whether they serve at home or overseas. Hold them in your loving hands and protect them as they protect us.'
Let's all keep those currently serving and those who have gone before in our thoughts. They are the reason for the many freedoms we enjoy.
Saturday, May 29, 2010
I found this song while surfing. I really liked the message. So many times I feel confused about what choices to make and what roads to follow, this song is so meaningful.
Friday, May 28, 2010
The Danger of a Hardening Heart
Hebrews 3:7-19 Their link was actually a different version but I am an old fashioned King James Version kind of person. I have 3 versions out when I study. I read it first in King James and then use a New International and then I can't remember what the other version is but I compare them all and let the Holy Spirit teach me what He will.
God repeatedly calls to His children, but the condition of each heart determines the result. Those with soft and tender hearts hear His voice and yield to Him in obedience, but those with hard hearts resist His warnings and instructions. Surprisingly, upon hearing the same voice, some believers are motivated to a deeper and more obedient relationship with the Lord, while others reject and refuse Him.
Since hardening is a slow process that’s often accompanied by rationalizations and excuses, the danger signs may not be readily recognized. How do you respond when the Lord speaks to you through His Word, your conscience, or messages based on Scripture? Carefully consider the following characteristics of a hardening heart:
• Insensitivity or resistance to what God says
• Refusal to put yourself under His authority
• Disobedience to what you know the Lord is instructing you to do
• Justification of sinful conduct
• Resistance to the reproof of others
• Preoccupation with the things of this world (career, relationships, possessions)
• Little interest in spiritual matters
• Absence of private devotion (Bible reading and prayer)
• Avoidance of public worship (gathering with other believers)
A hard heart does not have to stay in that condition. If you have discovered any of the above traits in your life, begin today to return to the Lord. Ask Him to give you a new heart to know Him (Jer. 24:7). Remember, He specializes in making all things new (2 Cor. 5:17).
For more biblical teaching and resources from Dr. Charles Stanley, please visit www.intouch.org.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
By Angel Casiano
The idea that there is another way to salvation, other than through Jesus Christ and that we can be saved today and continue business as usual tomorrow, can’t be further from truth. My concern, as it refers to our churches, is that they are watering down the truth of the Gospel trying to accommodate a more secular and less “offensive” approach.
The following twelve points should challenge all of us, as Christians and leaders, to review our own salvation and how we define and present the Gospel to a lost humanity. I should also add that the Holy Spirit play a center role in every step:
1. You must come to the realization that you are a sinner in need of salvation.
Sin entered humanity in the Garden of Eden through Adam and Eve. From that very moment we stand in need of salvation. As long as we continue to see ourselves as good because we don’t drink; we don’t smoke and we have not killed anyone; we obviously have not come to the revelation of the reality of our condition as sinners.
2. You must repent of your sins before God. (Luke 3:1-3)
Repentance is a MUST; without it there is no salvation. John the Baptist preached, as we can clearly see in these verses, “a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.” To ask Jesus to come into your heart, without repenting of your sins is a Biblical error and an inexistent gospel.
3. You must believe in Jesus. (John 3:16)
The Bible states in this verse, “whoever believes in Him shall not perish.” We will not perish if we believe in Jesus. There must be a deep revelation that Jesus is what the Bible says He is.
4. You must confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord as you place your trust in Him. (Romans 10:9-11)
As you confess with your mouth and as you believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord and that God raising Him from the dead, your trust in God is activated. Verse eleven tells us that “anyone who trusts in Him will never be put to shame.” Now we realize that this is not a far away God. Now we know that it is personal, and that God is someone we can trust. This process of trusting is on-going, as we grow in our relationship with God and as we develop a history of testimonies of His faithfulness.
5. You are now a new creation. (2 Cor.. 5:17)
Your nature has change. It used to be your nature to sin, now it is your nature to please God. Yes, we will struggle with sin, the desires of our flesh, etc. Yet, in our new nature we desire to please daddy. We may stumble into sin, but we no longer live a life style of sin.
6. Your love for God is activated in your heart, soul and mind. (Revelation 2:1-7) (Matt. 22:37-38)
Nothing will be more challenged in your Christian walk like your “first love” for God. The Devil will come at you to take that excitement of that first love away. We must give God, not only our hearts, but also our soul and our mind. This is very important, because if we only give Jesus our hearts, we are giving Him our emotions. There is much more to us than our emotions. Our soul is our personality and our mind is our thoughts. Our personality and thoughts should also be given to God. It is then appropriate to ask Jesus to come into our hearts, our souls and our minds as we begin the pursuit of making that first commandment a reality in our lives with the help of the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5)
7. You start loving your neighbor. (John 13:34-35)
This is the greatest evidence we can show the world that we are followers of Christ. Jesus said in verse thirty five, “By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” A born again believer’s love for others must experience an on-going increase.
8. The Bible now becomes your final authority. (John 1:1)
That same Jesus that you call into your life is the Word. Therefore, the Bible must be the final word in your life; not your opinions. There are no “buts” after what God has established. Your sins; the culture you grew in, your ideas and opinions, etc; are not substitutes to the Bible. The same Bible that applies to Americans applied to Chinese, Latinos, Europeans, etc. We are all subject to the culture of the Bible. If you continue to insist in your ways above God’s ways; perhaps you need to check your salvation!
9. We are now in position to bear fruit. (Matt. 7:16-20 12:33-34)
Jesus stated in Matthew 7:17-19 that, “every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus by their fruit you will recognize them.” Bearing good fruit for a Christian should be normal. Not bearing fruit is then evidence that a person who claim to be a Christian is not; therefore, their destination is the Lake of Fire. Just as we are able to confirm physical healing; the fruit of a person’s life allow us to confirm if that person is saved or not. This is not religion; this is Bible truth!
10. Our new faith involves action. (James 2:26)
“As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.” We do not get saved by works. However, we can’t call ourselves Christians and do nothing for God. Good deeds must follow our faith; it is just part of who we are.
11. Fellowship with your brothers and sisters. (I John 1:6-7)
“If we claim to have fellowship with Him yet walk in darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.” I am particularly interested every time I see the word “If” (A conjunction used to indicate the circumstances that would have to exist in order for an event to happen) If we are in the light; if we are in Jesus, then it is expected that we will enjoy fellowship with one another.
12. We must be ready to share our testimony of when, how and where our salvation took place. (Revelation 12:11)
Testifying of our salvation is crucial in order to be able to overcome. Paul, in all his insight, always went back to his testimony, “On his way to Damascus”
Without salvation everything else will fall; we need a solid foundation. Also, as you can clearly see, salvation involves a tangible transformation of the human heart, soul and mind. Let’s go back to preaching the purity and reality of the Gospel without shame and without fear. The Gospel is the only hope of the World!
Angel Casiano was born in Brooklyn, New York, raised in Puerto and was Born Again in Jacksonville, Florida. The author holds a B.A in Sociology with a Minor in Education. Over eighteen years experience in the Social Work field and over ten years experience in Various Ministries. E-mail Angel at email@example.com or write at PO Box 3506 Jacksonville, Florida 32206.
Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com-CHRISTIAN WRITERS-MAKE A WEBSITE
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
A member of a certain church, who previously had been attending services regularly, stopped going. After a few weeks, the preacher decided to visit him.
It was a chilly evening. The preacher found the man at home alone, sitting before a blazing fire. Guessing the reason for his preachers visit, the man welcomed him, led him to a comfortable chair near the fireplace and waited.
The preacher made himself at home but said nothing. In the grave silence, he contemplated the dance of the flames around the burning logs. After some minutes, the preacher took the fire tongs, carefully picked up a brightly burning ember and placed it to one side of the hearth all alone then he sat back in his chair, still silent.
The host watched all this in quiet contemplation. As the one lone ember's flame flickered and diminished, there was a momentary glow and then its fire was no more. Soon it was cold and dead. Not a word had been spoken since the initial greeting.
The preacher glanced at his watch and realized it was time to leave. He slowly stood up, picked up the cold, dead ember and placed it back in the middle of the fire. Immediately it began to glow once more with the light and warmth of the burning coals around it.
As the preacher reached the door to leave, his host said with a tear running down his cheek, "Thank you so much for your visit and especially for the fiery sermon. I shall be back in church next Sunday."
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
This is one of the neatest stories you will ever hear. You will know
precisely what this little girl is talking about at the end (you'll
want to share this one with your loved ones and special friends)!
' Danielle keeps repeating it over and over again. We've been back to
this animal shel ter at least five times. It has been weeks now since
we started all of this,' the mother told the volunteer.
'What is it she keeps asking for the volunteer asked?
'Puppy size!' replied the mother.
'Well, we have plenty of puppies, if that's what she's looking for.'
'I know... we have seen most of them, ' the mom said in frustration...
Just then Danielle came walking into the office
'Well, did you find one?' asked her mom. 'No, not this time,'
Danielle said with sadness in her voice. 'Can we come back on the
The two women looked at each other, shook their heads and laughed.
'You never know when we will get more dogs. Unfortunately, there's
always a supply,' the volunteer said.
Danielle took her mother by the hand and headed to the door. 'Don't
worry, I'll find one this weekend,' she said.
Over the next few days both Mom and Dad had long conversations with her.
They both felt she was being too particular. 'It's this weekend or
we're not looking any more,' Dad finally said in frustration.
'We don't want to hear anything more about puppy size, either,' Mom added.
Sure enough, they were the first ones in the shelter on Saturday
morning. By now Danielle knew her way around, so she ran right for the
section that housed the smaller dogs.
Tired of the routine, mom sat in the small waiting room at the end of
the first row of cages. There was an observation window so you could
see the animals during times when visitors weren't permitted.
Danielle walked slowly from cage to cage, kneeling periodically to
take a closer look. One by one the dogs were brought out and she held each one
One by one she said, 'Sorry, but you're not the one.'
It was the last cage on this last day in search of the perfect pup.
The volunteer opened the cage door and the child carefully picked up
the dog and held it closely. This time she took a little longer.
'Mom, that's it! I found the right puppy! He's the one! I know it!'
She screamed with joy. 'It's the puppy size! '
'But it's the same size as all the other puppies you held over the
last few weeks,' Mom said..
'No not size... The sighs. When I held him in my arms, he sighed,' she said.
'Don't you remember? When I asked you one day what love is,
you told me love depends on the sighs of your heart.
The more you love, the bigger the sigh!'
The two women looked at each other for a moment. Mom didn't know
whether to laugh or cry. As she stooped down to hug the child, she did
a little of both.
'Mom, every time you hold me, I sigh. When you and Daddy come home
from work and hug each other, you both sigh. I knew I would find the
right puppy if it sighed when I held it in my arms,' she said.
Then, holding the puppy up close to her face, she said, 'Mom, he loves me.
I heard the sighs of his heart!'
Close your eyes for a moment and think about the love that makes you
sigh. I not only find it in the arms of my loved ones, but in the
caress of a sunset, the kiss of the moonlight and the gentle brush of
cool air on a hot day.
They are the sighs of God.
Take the time to stop and listen; you will
be surprised at what you hear.
'Life is not measured by the breaths we
take, but by the moments that take our breath away.'
I hope your life is filled with "sighs" !!!
~By Virginia Haven~
I used Swagbucks to find out the author of this story.
Monday, May 24, 2010
That just because two people argue,
It doesn't mean they don't love each other.
And just because they don't argue,
It doesn't mean they do love each other.
That we don't have to change friends if
We understand that friends change.
That no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.
That true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance.
Same goes for true love.
That you can do something in an instant
That will give you heartache for life..
That it's taking me a long time
To become the person I want to be.
That you should always leave loved ones with
Loving words. It may be the last time you see them..
That you can keep going long after you think you can't.
That we are responsible for what
We do, no matter how we feel.
That either you control your attitude or it controls you.
That heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.
That money is a lousy way of keeping score.
That my best friend and I, can do anything, or nothing and have the best time.
That sometimes the people you expect to kick you When you're down, will be the ones to help you get back up..
That sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry,
But that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.
That maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had
And what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.
That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.
That no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.
That our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are,
But, we are responsible for who we become.
That you shouldn't be so eager to find
Out a secret. It could change your life Forever.
Two people can look at the exact same
Thing and see something totally different.
That your life can be changed in a matter of
Hours by people who don't even know you.
That even when you think you have no more to give, when
A friend cries out to you - you will find the strength to help.
That credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.
That the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon.
That you should send this to all of the people that you believe in, I just did.
'The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the most of everything.
Thank you God for all the wonderful people who help us throughout the journey of life...
May Angels guard you and guide you
Sunday, May 23, 2010
The Beauty of Mathematics and the Love of God! This is TOO cool!
The math part is good, but the end is even better.
I bet you will NOT be able to read it without sending it on to at least one other person!
1 x 8 + 1= 9
12 x 8 + 2= 98
123 x 8 + 3= 987
1234 x 8 + 4= 9876
12345 x 8 + 5= 98765
123456 x 8 + 6= 987654
1234567 x 8 + 7= 9876543
12345678 x 8 + 8= 98765432
123456789 x 8 + 9= 987654321
1 x 9 + 2 = 11
12 x 9 + 3 = 111
123 x 9 + 4 = 1111
1234 x 9 + 5 = 11111
12345 x 9 + 6 = 111111
123456 x 9 + 7 = 1111111
1234567 x 9 + 8 = 11111111
12345678 x 9 + 9 = 111111111
123456789 x 9 +10= 1111111111
9 x 9 + 7 = 88
98 x 9 + 6 = 888
987 x 9 + 5 = 8888
9876 x 9 + 4 = 88888
98765 x 9 + 3 = 888888
987654 x 9 + 2 = 8888888
9876543 x 9 + 1 = 88888888
98765432 x 9 + 0 = 888888888
Brilliant, isn ' t it?
And look at this symmetry:
1 x 1 = 1
11 x 11 = 121
111 x 111 = 12321
1111 x 1111 = 1234321
11111 x 11111 = 123454321
111111 x 111111 = 12345654321
111 1111 x 1111111 = 1234567654321
11111111 x 11111111 = 123456787654321
111111111 x 111111111 =12345678987654321
Now, take a look at this...
From a strictly mathematical viewpoint:
What Equals 100%?
What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?
Ever wonder about those people who say they
are giving more than 100%?
We have all been in situations where someone wants you to
GIVE OVER 100%...
How about ACHIEVING 101%?
What equals 100%in life?
Here ' s a little mathematical formula that might help
answer these questions:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Is represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.
H-A-R-D-W-O- R- K
8+1+18+4+23+ 15+18+11 = 98%
11+14+15+23+ 12+5+4+7+ 5 = 96%
1+20+20+9+20+ 21+4+5 = 100%
THEN, look how far the love of God will take you:
12+15+22+5+15+ 6+7+15+4 = 101%
Therefore, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that:
While Hard Work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, It ' s the Love of God that will put you over the top!
If you find this interesting share it with your friends & loved ones. Have a nice day & God bless you.
Saturday, May 22, 2010
What an incredible singer and piano player. I love this song so much and I hope it blesses you also.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Do you know how to pray for your pastor? Do you understand the nature of the work your pastor does?
Some areas of a pastor’s ministry are undisclosed. Many times the pastor is dealing with hurting people who need a high level of confidentiality, so your pastor is unable to talk openly about this work.
A significant part of the pastor’s life is devoted to the ministry of the Word (both study and proclamation) and to prayer. Other urgent matters in the church tend to put demands on the pastor’s time—time that should be spent in the primary responsibility of study, proclamation and prayer. This tension between urgency and primary responsibility has been with the church from the beginning.
Now in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplying, there arose a complaint against the Hebrews by the Hellenists, because their widows were neglected in the daily distribution. Then the twelve summoned the multitude of the disciples and said, “It is not desirable that we should leave the word of God and serve tables. Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business; but we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word” (Acts 6:1-4 NKJV).
Because a pastor’s prayer life and study time are in solitude, it is often hard for people to understand what the pastor is doing, let alone how to pray for him.
The following are seven suggestions to expand praying for your pastor beyond general blessing and health.
1. Pray for wisdom. Your pastor faces many daily decisions. Sometimes they are life changing and at other times they are commonplace, but even the ordinary decision can have a long term impact.
Your pastor needs wisdom to make the best use of time. It is easy for your pastor to become busy and neglect the primary responsibilities of the Word (study and proclamation) and prayer with demands coming from all corners.
2. Pray for diligence. It is easy for a pastor to become discouraged, especially with friends making far more money, with the pastor bearing the burdens of others, and also with him being a “transplant” into the community. Pray for God to bring people into your pastor’s life who will help furnish a spirit of renewed determination for the Lord’s work. Martin Luther said, “Watch, study, give attendance to reading! Verily, you cannot read too well; and what you read well you cannot understand too well; and what you understand well you cannot teach too well; and what you teach well you cannot live too well!”
3. Pray for zeal. When your pastor was ordained, he took solemn vows. Time has a way of eroding urgency. Sometimes your pastor needs you to intercede for motivation. Pray for your pastor to regain or retain the zeal from his ordination vows:
· Determined to instruct from the Scriptures
· Diligence to the Confessional writings of the Evangelical-Lutheran Church
· Faithful proclamation of the Gospel and administration of the Holy Sacraments according to Christ’s institution
· Adorning the Holy Preaching Office with a holy life
· Diligence in careful study of Holy Scripture and the Lutheran Confessions
· Constant in prayer for the souls given to his charge.
4. Pray for soundness of doctrine. There are many sources other than God’s Word that can distract your pastor. Pray for your pastor to remain focused and to sort out false doctrine that can creep into the life of the church.
5. Pray for purity. Temptations to impurity abound on every side. Even the most innocent and godly pastors can fall into temptation. Pray not only for purity of body, but purity of mind. Pray that your pastor’s mind would filled with “whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy” (Philippians 4:8 NKJV).
6. Pray for humility. It can be difficult for a pastor to remain humble, especially if the church begins to grow. Even if your pastor is only preaching to a few people, it can be a source of pride. It is not the congregation’s duty to humble the pastor; true humility comes from intimacy with God. The pastor who is closest to God is the one who is most humbled (Job 42:1-6; Isaiah 6; Luke 5:1-11).
7. Pray for power. Your pastor needs to be empowered by the Holy Spirit. When stepping up to preach or telling the Good News of Jesus Christ in other situations, there is no substitute for the power that comes from being filled with the Spirit. Jesus said to His apostles: “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth” (Acts 1:8 NKJV).
Gerald W. Coates, February 2002.
Revised by David M. Juhl, June 2008.
Permission is granted to copy.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
I was surfing the net last Sunday night and came across this song. I haven't heard of it and I have never heard of the singer "Frances Fon" but it touched me and I loved her voice.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
I tried and tried to take a picture of today's happiness but my camera is a piece of crap so no dice. I finally googled it. I know a lot of people are afraid of lightning and it can be very destructive but even as a child I loved to sit on the porch during a lightning storm and watch. As I got older I would go for walks and my grandmother would fuss at me that I was going to get struck. I love water in all forms and walking in rain is a real favorite. There just are few things that compare to the power and beauty of a lightning storm. In case you haven't guessed its been storming here on and off all day and its pouring right now.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Today's photo is of some jelly shoes that I got at Wal-Mart on Saturday on clearance. They were 50¢ a pair. I bought 2 pairs; one in blue and one in yellow. They had pink but they were way too small. The ones I bought were about a half a size too large though. They have a little rose on the top and I smile everytime I see them.
I will see that I used to own a Weber and I loved it. It was a great grill for the price. I love to grill out but I don't currently have a grill. Guess I need to remedy that. I think grilling and summertime makes everyone want to dance. Whoever's brainchild this commercial was, its a hit.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Found these on the Web. I only vaguely have heard of Billy Sunday but I like his grit. He wasn't afraid to tell it like it was. Here is a page I found about him after I found these sayings.
Sayings of Billy Sunday (1862-1935)
1. If man ever appears as a consummate ass, it's when he denies the existence of God.
2. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.
3. The average church has so much machinery and so little oil of the Holy Spirit that it squeaks like a threshing machine when you start it up in the fall after it has been out in the field all year.
4. I don't believe your own bastard theory of evolution either; I believe it's pure jackass nonsense.
5. When ten thousand times ten thousand times ten thousand years have passed, eternity will have just begun.
6. More men fail through lack of purpose than lack of talent.
7. Hell is the highest reward that the devil can offer you for being a servant of his.
8. Hypocrites in the church? Yes, and in the lodge, and at home. Don't hunt through the church for a hypocrite. Go home and look in the glass. Hypocrites? Yes. See that you make the number one less.
9. If you have no joy in your religion, there's a leak in your Christianity somewhere.
10. Some persons think they have to look like a hedgehog to be pious.
11. The world is horribly disordered and out of joint; it must come under omnipotent surgery before we can expect health.
12. Try praising your wife even if it does frighten her at first.
13. More men fail through lack of purpose than through lack of talent.
14. You can preach sociology or psychology or any other kind of ology, but if you leave Jesus Christ out of it, you hit the toboggan slide to hell.
15. Some preachers don't believe in revivals; neither does the devil.
16. They tell me a revival is only temporary; so is a bath, but it does you good.
17. One reason sin flourishes is that it is treated like a cream puff instead of a rattlesnake.
18. Temptation is the devil looking through the keyhole; yielding is opening the door and inviting him in.
19. The world is wrong side up. It needs to be turned upside down in order to be right side up.
20. I want to be a giant for God.
21. If you want to drive the devil out of the world, hit him with a cradle instead of a crutch.
22. Don't get chesty over success.
23. You've got to sign your own Declaration of Independence before you can celebrate your Fourth of July victory.
24. It is not necessary to be in a big place to do big things.
25. Faith is the beginning of something of which you can't see the end but in which you believe.
26. Let's quit fiddling with religion and do something to bring the world to Christ.
27. I want to preach the gospel so plainly that men can come from the factories and not have to bring a dictionary.
28. The man who votes for the saloon is pulling on the same rope with the devil, whether he knows it or not.
29. There are some so-called Christian homes today with books on the shelves of the library that have no more business there than a rattler crawling about on the floor, or poison within the child's reach.
30. If nine-tenths of you were as weak physically as your are spiritually, you couldn't walk.
31. I am an old-fashioned preacher of the old-time religion, that has warmed this cold world's heart for two thousand years.
32. Come and accept my Christ.
33. A lot of people think a man needs a new grandfather, sanitation, and a new shirt, when what he needs is a new heart.
34. I know there's a devil for two reasons; first, the Bible declares it; and second I have done business with him.
35. Some preachers need the cushions of their chairs upholstered oftener than they need their shoes half-soled.
36. There are a good many things worse than living and dying an old maid, and one of them is marrying the wrong man.
37. If the womanhood of America had been no better than its manhood, the devil would have had the country fenced in long ago.
38. If a doctor didn't know any more about Materia Mediea than the average church member knows about the Bible, he'd be arrested for malpractice.
39. Don't look as if your religion hurt you.
40. There wouldn't be so many non-church goers if there were not so many non-going churches.
41. I never preach a sermon until I have soaked it in prayer.
42. One spark of fire can do more to prove the power of powder than a whole library written on the subject.
43. The man who is right with God will not be wrong with anything that is good.
44. When a man, after starting to be a Christian, looks back, it is only a quesion of time until he goes back.
45. I'd rather undertake to save ten drunkards than one old financial Shylock -- it would be easier.
46. The higher you climb the plainer you are seen.
47. Too much of the work of the Church today is like a squirrel in a cage -- lots of activity, but no progress.
48. If you fall into sin and you're a sheep you'll get out; if you're a hog you'll stay there, just like a sheep and a hog when they fall into the mud.
49. I tell you a lot of people are going to be fooled on the Day of Judgement.
50. Don't let God hang a "For Rent" sign on the mansion that has been prepared for you in heaven.
51. It's Jesus Christ or nothing.
Sunday, May 09, 2010
1. Study your lesson. So many times we get nothing out of the lesson because we haven't prepared to listen. If Sunday School is to be a learning experience, we must prepare to learn. We ought to take Sunday School as seriously as our other educational opportunities.
2. Attend regularly. If some people attended school as they attend Sunday School, they would almost certainly fail.
3. If you know more than the teacher, perhaps you should consider teaching a class yourself. Good students of the Bible are hard to find. It's even harder to get them to accept a teaching position.
4. Invite people whom you know to attend Sunday School with you. Every business, institution, and activity must have advertising and public relations people. We do a pretty good job of informing the public of our product. When was the last time you visited a prospect , or challenged an absentee?
found while surfing the Net as usual. Odds and Ends
IF JESUS CAME TODAY . . .
Would you have to change your clothes before you let Him in?
Or hide some magazines, and put the Bible where they'd been?
Would you hide your worldly music and put some hymn books out?
Could you let Jesus walk right in, or would you rush about?
And I wonder.. if the Savior spent a day or two with you,
Would you go right on doing, the things you always do?
Would you go right on saying, the things you always say?
Would life for you continue as it does from day to day?
Would you take Jesus with you everywhere you go?
Or would you maybe change your plans for just a day or so?
Would you be glad to have Him meet your closest friends?
Or would you hope they'd stay away until His visit ends?
Would you be glad to have Him stay forever on and on?
Or would you sigh with great relief when He at last was gone?
It might be interesting to know, the things that you would do,
If Jesus came in person, to spend some time with you.
- Author Unknown
Saturday, May 08, 2010
Funny how we set our clocks to arise at 4:00am or 5:00am to be at the job by 7:30, yet when Sunday comes we can't get to church for 11:00am to praise the one who gave us the jobs!
Funny how we call God our Father and Jesus our brother, but find it hard to introduce them to our family.
Funny how small our sins seem, but how big their" sins are.
Funny how we demand justice for others, but expect mercy from God.
Funny how much difficulty some have learning the gospel well enough to tell others, but how simple it is to understand and explain the latest gossip about someone else.
Funny how we can't think of anything to say when we pray, but don't have any difficulty thinking of things to talk about to a friend.
Funny how we are so quick to take directions from a total stranger when we are lost, but find it nearly impossible to take God's direction for our lives.
Funny how so many church goers sing "Standing on the Promises" but all they do is sit on the premises.
Funny how people want God to answer their prayers, but refuse to listen to His counsel.
Funny how we sing about heaven, but live only for today.
Funny how people think they are going to Heaven but don't think there is a hell.
Funny how it is okay to blame God for evil and suffering in the world, but it is not necessary to thank Him for what is good and pleasant.
Funny how when something goes wrong, we cry, "Lord, why me?" but when something goes right, we think, "Hey,it must be me!"
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are a Marilyn!
Marilyns are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Be direct and clear
- * Listen to me carefully
- * Don't judge me for my anxiety
- * Work things through with me
- * Reassure me that everything is OK between us
- * Laugh and make jokes with me
- * Gently push me toward new experiences
- * Try not to overreact to my overreacting.
What I Like About Being a Marilyn
- * being committed and faithful to family and friends
- * being responsible and hardworking
- * being compassionate toward others
- * having intellect and wit
- * being a nonconformist
- * confronting danger bravely
- * being direct and assertive
What's Hard About Being a Marilyn
- * the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
- * procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
- * fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
- * exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
- * wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
- * being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations
Marilyns as Children Often
- * are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn
- * are anxious and hypervigilant; anticipate danger
- * form a team of "us against them" with a best friend or parent
- * look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel
- * are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent
Marilyns as Parents
- * are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty
- * are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence
- * worry more than most that their children will get hurt
- * sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries
This week I don't have a song but this video touched me. Even if you don't know anyone with AIDS (to my knowledge, I don't) its still powerful to think how can we be more Christ-like and help others. Where is our compassion?
Friday, May 07, 2010
I am quite left brain and I only found 6. Even with the answer I still wasn't sure. :)Answer key is below. How many can you find without looking at the answers. If you click on the picture it opens in a window by itself.
I may have posted this ballerina before, I can't remember. I do know that I am quite left brain. I only ever see her going one way. It was really neat to get a group at work and have them all look at her at the same time. Each of us saw her doing different turns. Several saw her turning clockwise and counter clockwise and one saw her only going right. I find that amazing. Makes you wonder how on earth we ever agree on how something looks.
Here is the answer to the puzzle of how many faces are in the picture.
Thursday, May 06, 2010
Sunday, May 02, 2010
Summary of My Last Year on the Computer
I must send my thanks to whoever sent me the one about
poison in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a
wet towel with every envelope that needs sealing.
Also, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for
the same reason.
I no longer have any savings because I gave it to a sick
girl (Penny Brown) who is about to die in the hospital for
the 1,387,258th time.
I no longer have any money at all, but that will change once
I receive the $15,000 that Bill Gates/Microsoft and AOL are
sending me for participating in their special e-mail
I no longer eat KFC because their chickens are actually
horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers.
I no longer use cancer-causing deodorants even though I
smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.
Because of your concern, I no longer drink Coca-Cola because
it can remove toilet stains.
I no longer can buy gasoline without taking someone along to
watch the car so a serial killer won't crawl into my back
seat when I'm pumping gas.
I no longer drink Pepsi or Dr. Pepper since the people who
make these products are atheists who refuse to put "Under
God" on their cans.
I no longer use Saran wrap in the microwave because it
And thanks for letting me know I can't boil a cup of water
in the microwave anymore because it will blow up in my face,
disfiguring me for life.
I no longer check the coin return on pay phones because I
could be nicked with a needle infected with AIDS.
I no longer go to shopping malls because someone will drug
me with a perfume sample and rob me.
I no longer receive packages from UPS or FedEx since they
are actually Al Qaeda in disguise.
I no longer shop at Target since they are French and don't
support our American troops or the Salvation Army.
I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to
dial a number for which I will get a phone bill with calls
to Jamaica, Uganda, Singapore, and Uzbekistan.
I no longer buy expensive cookies from Neiman Marcus since I
now have their recipe.
Thanks to you, I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because
a big brown African spider is lurking under the seat to
cause me instant death when it bites my bum.
And thanks to your great advice, I can't ever pick up $5.00
in the parking lot because it probably was placed there by a
molester waiting underneath my car to grab my leg.
If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in
the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on
your head at 5:00PM this afternoon and the fleas from 12
camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy
hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to
a friend of my next door neighbor's ex-mother-in-law's
second husband's cousin's beautician...
Have a wonderful day....
Oh, by the way.....A South American scientist from
Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people
with insufficient brain activity read blogs with their
hand on the mouse.
Don't bother taking it off now; it's too late.
naturally I am one of the ones who keeps their hand on the mouse :).