Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ebooks

It seems like I am never blogging anymore. I am always on Pinterest ( I added a new follow me button on the side of my blog) or reading e-books. I am up to over 800. I have been writing some reviews on Amazon as I finish. I am bad for not remembering to do this but I really depend on the reviews a lot when I am buyingn something so thats why I am trying to get in the habit of writing them for other people.   I had a great mail day today. I got a bowl of soup to try out along with some socks and coupons (will blog this one later), children's mucinex, some essential oils that I ordered plus my tax refund check. I am going to use that to get my car up and running (prayerfully).  Lately one of the things that has interested me is emergency preparedness. I am starting to stockpile and work on building 72 hour emergency kits then more long term preparations. I don't believe in the zombie apocalypse but just last year we had 2 emergency situations here in WV. One was a summer storm that took our power out for 11 days and another was a freak October snow storm that made us housebound for about a week. I think few people are ready for disasters anymore and have nothing stock piled at home because of the convenience of going to the store daily. I intend to be more ready for the next disaster.

I thought I would post some of my favorite sites to get free e-books from. Honestly all the books come from Amazon.com, there are just some sites that tell you whats free that day that I use so its easier. I have widened my reading quite bit because I don't have to pay I am more willing to chance on a different kind of book. They also have quite a number of children's books if you are looking to expand your child's library. I urge you to pay attention to the price. Just because you are searching free doesn't mean they are all free. I was rolling along not paying attention and clicking the buttons and some of the books were .99 and such.  Be sure to look at the Kindle purchase price because also a few books after being free for purchase then become only free to borrow. I am not a member of Prime so that isn't for me. Not to mention I don't know exactly when I might read the book. I download normally 20-30 books a day now.

Naturally #1 is Amazon.com- you can search for free Kindle books and it brings up a huge listing. Even if you don't have a Kindle they have an app for your computer so you can read them on your computer. Some books are only free for 24 hours and some are much longer.

#2 is Hot Coupon World- this used to be one of my favorite coupon freebie site forums. It doesn't seem as active anymore but they still have good deals. Every evening late they list free Kindle books for the day. I usually download about half of what they list or more.  I like them because they will list the books by genre for you so that helps me a lot since some I am totally not interested in.

#3 Daily Free Ebooks for Kindle- I think once in a while I have seen a book overlap with the Hot Coupon list but not very often. They don't list by genre but they do put a summery up so you can read about the book. They sort of add too it all day so I usually check it first thing in the morning and again in the evening. Like I said some of the free ebooks only stay free for a while.

4. Slick Deals- this is probably my favorite forum site for deals and freebies. I am linking up to the electronic freebie section though for this post. Occasionally someone will list like one or 2 free books but normally one person will put up a whole list in the morning of what they found for free.

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase