1. "It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere." Agnes Repplier- I see so many people chasing happiness, first doing this and then doing that, being involved with one person after another trying to find someone who makes them happy. If you aren't happy in yourself, then there isn't anything that anyone else can do to make you happy. You have to find the cure inside of you for your unhappiness before you can be happy with others. So many relationships end because instead of working on their own selves people want others to fix their lives.
2. " The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances." - Martha Washington. How often do you see someone who has everything you want and yet they aren't happy. I have seen people who had basically nothing, yet they are happy as can be. Happiness doesn't come from stuff but from within. As Paul says in Philippians 4:11 basically we must be content no matter whats going on in our lives. We can be as content in the midst of a raging storm as we are on a calm sunny day. Everything passes, we just have to hang on.
5 Things I am Grateful for Today
- Nice customers- I had a man come in yesterday and ask me if I wanted some copy paper. He gave me 2 packs of copy paper. I use a lot at my house printing coupons and various items so I thought that was super nice.
- My best friend Debbie and her husband- Debbie is always there when I need anything. Yesterday she brought me some gas drops for my youngest granddaughter because I said something about buying some when I got paid this week coming. She has had my back more times than I can count. Also her husband helps out a lot. He made me a stand to hang my bird feeder on a couple months back.
- Birds- I just love to watch all the colorful birds at the feeder. I have all kinds of birds coming. I have to fill it up about once a week. I like to use the black oil sunflower seeds best of all. I have cardinals, blue jays, wrens, yellow finches, plus a lot that I don't know. I am going to start trying to figure out what they all are.
- Extra hours at work- This week I am getting 40 hours again. I am planning to get some stuff done with these extra checks. I want to try to get some Christmas stuff done up ahead of time.
- Tomatoes- I noticed yesterday that 2 of the tomatoes on my tomato plant were starting to get red. I can't wait to taste the fresh tomatoes.