Anyone who has ever tried to lose weight, knows how it goes. You are always looking for something that helps you out even a bit. I started reading about yakon syrup online and heard about it from Dr Oz and then was given a chance to review the product from Life & Food, I jumped at the opportunity.
Let's start with what Yakon Syrup isLIFE & FOOD 100% PURE RAW ALL NATURAL YACON SYRUP
Our Yacon (Smallanthus sonchifolius) Syrup is sourced from naturally grown organic Yacon fields in the country of Peru. We use the HIGHEST quality Yacon plant to make a premium pure syrup formula.
Yacon syrup has shown to remains low in calories and low on the glycemic index scale. This is due to the fact that the sugar contains high levels of oligofructose (inulin), a form of sugar that is not metabolized readily by the human body. For this reason, Yacon is ideal for diabetics and acts as a great alternative to conventional low calorie sweeteners.
- 100% pure Yacon syrup has shown to assist in weight management, increase fiber intake and promotes good bowel function.
- Other benefits include: Lowers blood sugar. Prevents and controls hyperglycemia (over activity).
- Restores renal activity.
- Is a powerful Antioxidant.
- High in prebiotics and probiotics, this syrup contains up to 50% of FOS (fructooligosacharides).
- It has been found that consumption of FOS does not increase blood glucose, and helps boost your bodies metabolism.
- Naturally grown and sourced from the fields in Peru.
- Organic certified by our manufacturing specialists.
- 100% pure raw organic syrup formula with no added preservatives.
- Bottled and tested in a FDA certified GMP facility in the USA
Here is the morning spoonful. If you don't like the taste of molasses, then I recommend you mix it in with tea or something. I love molasses so it wasn't a problem for me. I think this would be really good used as a baking substitute if the price ever comes down. Right now its a bit high for cooking purposes.
My experience with Yakon SyrupI had read in a few places that yakon syrup could cause stomach upset so I was leery and only took 1 tsp a day in the beginning. I had no problems whatsoever taking that amount. I managed to end the month about 5 lbs less than I started and since I wasn't doing anything else to lose weight I am attributing it to using the yakon syrup. I am going to continue using this product.
Yes, I would recommend this product and plan to give it a real go myself. I will hopefully have a better more in depth answer at the end of August.
Disclaimer: I received one of the products mentioned above for free suing Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I use personally and believe will benefit my readers.I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.