Its been over a month since I blogged. I thought I would force myself to start back. I hope how soon open enrollment is for insurance at work. I really need to go to the doctor I think to get some meds for depression. I can't seem to win this one on my own.
Anyhow the point to this blog is to tell about the earthquake we had on Tuesday, August 23rd 2011. It happened about 3 minutes or so before 2:oo pm. I had just went to lay down trying to get some sleep before I had to go into work at 6:00pm. I sleep on an air mattress and about as soon as I got into bed, it was like a wave on a waterbed happened. It dipped and I felt the ripples. I was like what in the world so I got up and came into the living room where I saw my knick knacks on the entertainment center waving back and forth. I went outside and saw people standing around. I thought perhaps there had been an explosion here in Mount Airy. I called my aunt to see if she felt it and she had so then I got on facebook and saw everyone posting that there had just been a quake in Mineral, VA measuring 5.8. It was felt as far north as Ontario Canada and as far south as Florida. An earthquake never crossed my mind because we just don't have them here on the east coast.
The day before on the 22nd there had been an earthquake measuring 5.3 in Colorado. That was the largest earthquake there in over 40 years. Then on Tuesday night there was a small earthquake measuring 3.6 in San Francisco, CA. Some people say that its just nature, some say its global warming but I personally look to the Bible where in Matthew 24:7 it says "For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places." Divers means many. I honestly believe Jesus is getting ready to step out of Heaven and call His followers home. I actually feel physically sick from being surrounded by sin so much and that's never happened before. I long for the day when all the saints are gathered into Heaven to spend eternity worshipping and praising Christ.
I found there were 7 references to events that could be called earthquakes in the Bible.
1. Exodus 19:18: And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.
2. 1 Kings 19:11: And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
3. Zechariah 14:5: And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
4. Matthew 27:54: Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.
5. Matthew 28:2: And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
6. Acts 16:26: And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.
7. Revelations 6:12: And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
I say read the Bible and come to your own conclusions but as for me, my soul is saying the end draws near. I am ready to move on. If you aren't ready please think about it and make a choice to spend eternity in Heaven.