Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Skin Softening Sugar Scrub

I am so in love with this craft idea I found here. As soon as I read it I had to try it out and made a trial batch just to see if I liked it. You take a jar ( I used a plastic bowl because I don't like glass near the tub) fill it almost all the way to the top with sugar, add a layer (just a layer not top off the container) of dish liquid ( I used Dawn Botanicals in jasmine and lavender, it made such a lovely shade of lavender and smelled awesome) stir the dish liquid in with a case knife (easier than a spoon). I had to add a bit more dish liquid to get it the right consistancy. I went to take a bath and used it. My skin is super soft and the tub is so clean since there was dish liquid in the mix. I love bath products and have used the kind with oils in the mix but then the tub is a little slippery and you have to scrub it out afterwards. This was wonderful, easy to mix with ingredients you already have at the house. The original blog poster said she had made it and it was still good months later. I am going to make some of this for all the ladies on my Christmas list since its so easy and I just love it. I love the way my skin feels now. Its so silky soft.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

I love bath products also.
Anything that makes my skin silky soft is a plus.

Thanks for visiting today!

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase