Pages

Monday, April 17, 2023

55 Books

 Here are the 55 new to me books I have read as part of my 55 goals at 55


  1.  Courting the Rancher- Kit Morgan  historical romance liked it so much I read the whole series
  2. Kissing the Sheriff- Kit Morgan
  3. Charming the Widow- Kit Morgan
  4. Wooing the Undertaker- Kit Morgan
  5. Enchanting the InnKeeper- Kit Morgan  I feel there should be more in the series because there are other characters I want to see how they get married off and I want to solve the mystery of the Captains life and see Agnes get her come uppance. 
  6. Blizzard -A Story of Dakota Territory Cindy Rinaman Marsch turns out was only a short story but I didn't really like it because I didn't like the spoiled wife in it. 
  7. Long Black Stockings - Ethel Bensen Soper was a good book but mostly it was a collection of memories instead of a life story. 
  8. The Ragged Orphan - Lindsey Hutchinson  I quite liked this book. I like books that the person is down on their luck but through hard work and a bit of luck they perserve. Wish I could find more books like this
  9. The Runaway Children- Lindsey Hutchinson- I read this one because I liked the other one listed above. It was a good book but not as good as the first. 
  10. Spirit of Deadwood - Sherry A Burton- Been waiting for this to come out. I have read the entire Jerry McNeal series. Love this book and can't wait for the next to come out. 
  11. A Sister's Bond - Ivory Fields- was a good book but was broken down to 6 books, I am only counting it as one though because they were only a few pages each. I think each one took less than 30 minutes. I didn't time them though. 
  12. Coming Home to Hideaway Bay- Michelle Brouder- it was ok but I don't enjoy books that jump back and forth between timelines. I think Grandma's life could have been a seperate book instead of going back and forth. 
  13. As the Light Dies- David Saylor- Was an ok book but as usual in the post apoc fiction all the women are drop dead gorgeous and the men are in amazing shape and rich enough to buy millions in supplies. Would be nice if just once in a while it was a regular person putting a bit back day by day and trying to survive. Guess all us poor people are going to die off
  14.  Haunting Stephanie- Heather Sage- Wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. Boring death and never explained the anxiety that the main character suffers from. The supposed connection was a weak plot line.
  15. The Peddler's Widow- Faye Godwin- Was ok
  16. The Scullery Maid's Salvation  - Emma Hardwick- was ok a bit predictable
  17. Lady Helena Investigates -Jane Steen- This was a very good book. Wasn't your typical mystery. 
  18. Beside Golden Irish Fields- Ava Miles- predictable but still a good read.
  19. Pilfered Promises- M Louisa Locke- I love this series. I have read 8 of them so far and have enjoyed each one a lot
  20. Trouble Has A Tail - Victoria L.K. Williams- this was a short read but quite cute. 
  21. A Mother's Shame - Rosie Clarke- I liked some parts and some parts were annoying but overall it was an ok book
  22. If the Creek Don't Rise - Leah Weiss- This was a really good book with quite a bit of unexpected story lines. I am hoping its the beginning of a series and there are more to come because there were a lot of threads for other stories started and not finished in this one. 
  23. Silent Revenge - Landon, Laura- A regency romance and a very good one at that.
  24. One Day With You- Shari Low- A lot of activity for one day. Good book
  25. Flight Through the Darkness: Powerless: Book 1 - Leslie Grace- Really like this one but so far there is no book 2 YA Post Apocalyptic
  26. Collapse: The Death of Friendship -Angela D. Shelton - was ok but not as good as the one above this one. YA Post Apocalyptic
  27. Psychic Whispers- Arial Burnz
  28. Two Lies someone Must Die- Kaylie Hunter - This was a good series, can't wait for book 6
  29. Three Free don't Look For Me- Kaylie Hunter
  30. Four Fears Behind the Mirror - Kaylie Hunter
  31. Five More Lock Your Door - Kaylie Hunter
  32. Familiar Spirits- Sara Christene
  33. Death Walks a Dog- Tess Baytree
  34. Hecks Valley- John Deacon - Part of a western series but got bored before book 5 so gave up on it. 
  35. Heck's Gold- John Deacon
  36. Premedicated Murder- Erica J Whelton
  37. A Wallflower for the Marquess- Dorothy Sheldon
  38. Murder and the Mortician - Marian McCarthy
  39. Murder and the Ghost Hunter- Marian McCarthy
  40. Wish Book- Laurel Veil - Haven't we all wished we could have a do over.
  41. The Making of a Matchmaker- Tess Thompson - The next 4 are part of a series but I wish the series were longer. I want to know about the rest of the town. 
  42. A Match for a Reluctant Bride- Tess Thompson
  43. A Match for a Willful Bride- Tess Thompson
  44. A Match for a Disgraced Bride - Tess Thompson
  45. Independence: Collapse Book Three- Angela Shelton - Ok but didn't' seem that believable to me. 
  46. The Trouble with Secrets- Jean Grainger
  47. What Divides Us-Jean Grainger
  48. More Harm Than Good- Jean Grainger
  49. When Irish Eyes are Lying- Jean Grainger- I was loving this series until this book and I hated this one and now won't finish the rest. She ruined it for me with this one. 

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase