Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Chicken and dumplings

 One of my favorite foods is chicken and dumplings. I could eat dumplings every day. I have tried and tried and never successfully made good dumplings until today. Usually my dumplings disintegrate or become one giant clump of dumpling. But this time they worked out.


I boiled a bunch of chicken legs until so tender the meat was falling off bone. I added a couple cans of broth and a scoop of powdered bouillon and a quart jar full of water to the legs.  Once the legs were fully cooked, I put them in a bowl to tear the meat off. I saved the bones in a bag in the freezer to make bone broth with later on. 


I mixed up 3 cups self rising flour, 1 beaten egg, 1/2 c water and dash of salt. Once it was blended together I pinched off quarter size balls and dropped carefully into the broth. I did probably 8-10 at a time. I let the dumplings cook about 8 minutes then would spoon out into a bowl with some broth in it and added more dumplings to broth. Once they were all cooked I added the chicken meat and the dumplings back into broth to be stirred together and served. 




0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase