Pages

Thursday, May 07, 2009

My weekend in Webster Springs

Saturday the boyfriend and I were supposed to go fishing but it was raining and he was afraid I would get sick so he said no. Instead we drove to Craigsville and at a place called the Ranch House Restaurant near Craigsville WV at the intersection of Rte 55 & Tioga Road. The place is done up with a ton of Coca Cola memorabilia. Everyone in my family loves Coke so this is a place for Fridley's for sure. Somehow I let him talk me into trying the elk burger with batter dipped fries. The fries were awesome and the elk burger wouldn't have been bad except I am pretty sure it was fried in canola oil. I don't like canola oil because it tastes and smells like fish. It was very lean though and I think it would probably be really good on a George Foreman grill or simmered in some beef broth. There were pictures of mothers and babies all in the women's room. Most of them were really sweet but there was one picture that made me think of Grandmamaw from the Addams family in her younger days.
Photobucket



Then we decided to keep riding. He was going to show me the place where they dug the ramps for the church ramp dinner but we ended up not there. It was funny because he called it God's country but said we couldn't go all the way because we weren't in God's car. He has a little Honda Fit and it doesn't do that well on dirt mountain roads. We ended up in Webster Springs. I hadn't ever been there but its a real cute little town. Here is a picture I took of fog rising on the mountains.

Photobucket



This is a picture of a bank there. The building was founded in 1906. If you look real close there is a little room over the door and its got a little village of houses in it. It is so cute.
Photobucket




Photobucket



There is also a little memorial wall to all the veterans of Webster county and a lump of coal in front of the court house that was dug up in 1932.

Photobucket




Photobucket






Photobucket




On the way back we stopped at a little custard stand and had an ice cream cone. They also sell funnel cake fries. I hadn't ever heard of them but I know my oldest would love them because she loves funnel cakes. Next time I am going to try them. We came back by a place called Big Ditch which is a huge fishing lake. I want to take our poles next time so we can see what we can catch. It was gorgeous but I didn't get any picturs :(. All in all we had a great time though and I would love to go back to Webster Springs an explore some more.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase