Pages

Saturday, June 09, 2012

1 Peter 1:7

     During this valley, I have just kept telling myself over and over again that all things happen for the glory of God and somehow someway there will be glory brought from this. I will be honest that it hasn't done much for me to lessen the pain but at least I haven't been bitter or blamed God. I don't expect this side of Heaven to understand why but I am trusting God.
     Here are a couple of scripture verses that I have found helpful right now.  I heard the first one in a Beth Moore bible study and it really stuck with me. I know we have a very real enemy who wants to hurt us and destroy us. Satan wants to inflict pain and cause us to turn from God. So I think he meant to cause me to give up on God during this trial but God is somehow using it for good. I can't see the good right now but I am depending on it. I may have posted the song below already but I am really depending on the words in the song.

Genesis 50:20

King James Version (KJV)
20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

1 Peter 1:7

King James Version (KJV)
That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

New Living Translation (©2007)
These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold--though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.





0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase