Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014



I love that there is a holiday for celebrating our women friends. I can't imagine what my life would be like without mine. I have die hard friends that I know will be there in a minute if I needed them. I thank God for them daily and the joy they bring to my life. When life is hard and I need someone to listen to me, my friends are the first people I call. When life is great and I want to share news, again its my women friends I call.

When I was growing up, women friends were encouraged. You had Lucy and Ethel, Laverne and Shirley and Mary and Rhoda but then the media started encouraging dissention and people suddenly started talking about how hard it was to be friends with women because of all the petty backstabbing. I hear so many women and girls today talking about how they have more men friends because its so much easier to get along with men.  My grandmother had quite a number of women friends and that wasn't ever an issue. Take back your belief in the power of female friends and make some new friends today.


Origin of National Women's Friendship Day:
National Women's Friendship Day was created by women, and for women. The Kappa Delta Sorority created this very special day in 1999.  This sorority, founded in 1897 in Farmville, Va., has over 180,000 members.


Here are a few ideas on how to celebrate National Women's Friendship Day:

  • Since it falls on a Sunday, go to church with your friends
  • Make a day of it and go out to eat with your women friends
  • Reconnect with an old friend by calling, emailing, or sending a card to a friend 
  • Have a movie night with movies that feature women friends such as Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood (my all time favorite) or Home is Where the Heart Is. 
  • Visit a shut in or a woman at the nursing home. They have great stories to share.

Do you have close female friends?


0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase