Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Integrity





Dictionary.com defines integrity as   adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

My reason for this post was some posts I saw on another blog. I know everyone likes to try products for review and wants to increase their numbers. I would like to see my blog grow to the point that I earned some money from it also. But I would never want to compromise standards to do so. I have made mistakes blogging as I stumbled along not always crediting where I should etc.. because of ignorance but I have never intentionally put something on here that wasn't truthful. I never posts reviews until I have tried the products and can give real feedback.  I purposely choose not to review similar products unless I have tried a second product and found it to be better than the first product. I realize that is my own personal choice though. 

You would think that companies would monitor what is being said and done. There is a certain company that lots of bloggers use for products to review. I have noticed that they will have the same product type available from several companies. We will use the example of shampoo (not the product that I am really talking about though) Now say I review shampoo A and shampoo B at the same time.  How honest is my review to start with because I am reviewing 2 of the same things to start with. They can't both be the best I have ever used. And how honest is it if you get to the part of the review that is supposed to be based on my experience and I have used the exact same paragraph and wording for both reviews.  1. I cheated the companies out of a fair trial  and 2. I have cheated my readers out of an honest review.

I have went to buy something specifically based on blog reviews I have read. I want to know the truth of what you think about a product. Example being flea control, I read a review of Pet Armor and tried it and it is honestly the best flea control I have ever used. I have used it for 2 years now with 4 dogs.  I have never been paid or even given any form of compensation for it but I frequently tell others how awesome it is because it has worked so well for me.  I have lost respect for that blogger I saw do this and I won't be following that blog anymore. 


Soapbox Issue: What are your thoughts on this?

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase