Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Peanut Day and the Elvis Sandwich



Peanut Day is celebrated each year on September 13 across the United States. I was born in Georgia so I take my peanuts seriously :) I remember once in the Plains area seeing just fields and fields of peanuts. Peanuts aren't really nuts but are legumes. They are also cholesterol free.  I love any sort of peanut butter flavored sweet and I am very fond of peanut noodles. Not long ago I was a Kroger and had a clearance on their brand of peanut butter. I bought 13 jars and we are down to about 4.  I love peanut butter sandwiches with either jelly or banana on them. I haven't tried the Elvis sandwich but I keep saying I am going to.  Here is the recipe for anyone who wants to try it out

Elvis Sandwich
2 slices bread
2 slices cooked bacon (cut in half)
2 tablespoon peanut butter
1 banana peeled and cut into slices
soft butter

take a slice of bread and spread the peanut butter on it add the banana slices. Top it with the cooked bacon. Put the other slice of bread on top. Coat the outside of both slices of bread with butter and fry in a skillet until the bread is toasted and the peanut butter melts. Its about 2 minutes a side. 

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase