Pages

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Bible Study- The Heart of a King- lesson 1

While surfing around on the links for the Then Sings My Soul meme, I found a bible study meme that is very good. I am about 2-3 months late starting it but that's ok. I love to study the Bible and get closer to God.





An Online Devotional Study Based on the Life of King Hezekiah

By Karen Lowe


This is the first lesson in the series and its basically about learning to be content with what you have, where you are at. I don't think we should stop striving to improve our lives and do better than we are doing but I also don't think we should
let it overtake us. Sometimes people are so busy making money or chasing dreams they pass up the very thing that God wanted them to have.

Personal Reflections
1. Have you ever had the “grass is always greener” mentality?
Yes __x__ No ____
I often am discontent with my life. This is a very area that I need God to work in. I am going to have to really strive to seek His answers here.

If you answered yes, did you take actions to gain what was on the other side of the fence where the grass seemed greener? If you got what was on the other side of that fence, were you really content in the long-term? Explain.

I left church chasing after the things the world had to offer. I was sure I could find love if I just searched hard enough. Its very hard to for me to step back and let God work in my life. I want to do it my way and this has been a horrible mistake for me. The men I choose didn't bring me love or happiness or contentment. They left me hollow and feeling sadder than I was to start with. Now I have come back to God and yet I am still struggling with this same thing. I still want the happy, enduring love that I see others have. I am still struggling to let God control this area for me. I am very much a work in progress.


2. What are some ways you can cultivate the attitude of contentment in day-to-day living? (I'd like for us to definitely discuss this question in the comments and on our blogs.) I find I am most content when I stay focused on God's teachings. I do this with Bible study, worship songs and fellowship with God's followers and much much prayer.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase