Pages

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Bible Study- The Heart of a King- lesson 2





Lesson 2 is about fighting your own battles and not allowing others to do it for you.
I am really bad for this one. I hate conflict and will give in every time until you have backed me in a corner. I know there are times we are supposed to fight our own battles but lets face it, a lot of us have the Snow White mentality waiting for the prince to ride up and save us.


1. Have you ever made a decision out of your frustration? Yes __x__ No ____
If so, what was the result? I often seem to pick the wrong choice because in the past, I haven't always asked God for His guidance in my life.

2. Can you think of a time when you were really frustrated yet, instead of hastily reacting and making a decision, you prayed about it? What happened in that situation after you prayed? These are the times that have turned out best. It seems like the more desperate the situation, the more I trust God. I think sometimes in my mind that I don't want to bother Him with unimportant details but I know that He cares about everything in our lives. If I would come to Him with the little stuff then it wouldn't be such a mess for him to fix.

3. Have you ever wanted someone else to fight your battles for you? When you are tempted to pass the baton to someone else and bow out of the fight, what are some things you can do to keep your eyes focused on God? the last really big problem I was having, I kept asking God to fix it or make it go away. Neither happened and someone at church told me that God was helping me through it not past it. My boyfriend relates a story that bears on this. When you see a chick fighting to get out of its shell, you are tempted to step in and help it by picking the pieces. Unfortunately if you do this the chick isn't strong enough and usually will end up lame and unable to get around on its own. If God or anyone else fought all our battles for us then we wouldn't build any strength up and would crumble in the face of adversity. We are being tempered in the fire so that we can stand for eternity.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase