Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

A couple of recipes

Since I have been on steriods for my breathing the past couple days, my joints feel great. Its a rare day that someone with RA can move pain free. I thought I would take advantage of it even though I still can't breathe :).
I wanted something but wasn't sure what. I made this pasta mix.

1 16 oz box elbow macaroni
2 tbsp philadelphia cooking creme ( I used 1 of italian herb and one regular)
8 oz tomato sauce
salt.

Boiled the pasta and drained then I just stirred in the other ingredients and added a salad and that was dinner. It was quick and simple and actually pretty good. I have so much cooking creme due to recent sales with coupons.

For dessert my daughter has been bugging wanting my grandmother's sea foam candy.

My great-grandmother made this for years. I have talked to people who used to buy it from her. They still miss the taste of it.

Sea Foam Candy

1 3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. white sugar
pinch of salt
2 egg whites
1/2 c. hot water
1/4 c. corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine sugars, water, corn syrup, pinch of salt. Bring to a rolling boil
until syrup spins threads. Stir often. Takes around 5 minutes on high heat (use a heavy pan) In the meantime, beat egg whites until foamy. Once the syrup starts spinning threads, mix into whites. Add vanilla. Mix with mixer 5 minutes until it holds it's shape. Be sure that you mix it alot or it won't set. Spoon by spoonful onto wax paper: let cool. This will
not set in high humidity.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase