Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch-8-15-12


Everyday Ruralty



Oh, I found a new meme and thought I would share the questions today. I loved the name of the meme, chats from the farmhouse porch.  I came across it while reading another blog and liked the questions and the blog they come from. I have always wanted to live a farm life. Can't wait to read the whole blog.

1. What was your biggest fear as a child?    
  I always thought there was someone hiding under my bed and was terrified to let my hand hang over the side in case they would grab me.

 2. Who taught you to cook? Betty Crocker, I wasn't allowed in the kitchen growing up except to do dishes so when I got married my ex husband almost starved before I learned to cook. Fortunately if its in a book I can usually do it. I still have that cookbook 28 years later.




3.  Do you have a lot of books in your home? There are probably some small libraries that have fewer books than I do. I have honestly given about 30 boxes of books away in the past 2 years but its just so hard to not have them. Some of them are such good friends that I have to keep them and then I find new ones that are so interesting.

4.  Do you like carrot cake? Patrice says frosting is good on top. If you like that cake, what kind of frosting do you like best? On top? Hmm. I guess you wear it like a hat.  I love carrot cake and it has to have cream cheese icing. Funny story about carrot cake. One year I moved in with my cousin and her girls for a while, it was just a couple days before the youngest's 3rd birthday and I had bought a carrot cake the day I moved in. Taylor thought it was for her birthday and for about 3 years after that she thought all birthday cakes had to have carrots on them.
 
5.  What's did the last funny t-shirt you read say? (It doesn't have to reflect your personal feeling about the topic, just be funny and family friendly.) My sister just posted a picture on facebook of my nephew and his girl friend. His shirt says "I'm right 97% of the time, Who cares about the other 4%", it just hit my funny bone.


1 comments:

Patrice said...

Welcome to the porch! I used to jump out of bed so nothing would grab my ankles. lol:) I have an old Betty Crocker book that my girls and I use as the standard. I love books! My Kindle has allowed me to get more that don't need to be dusted. My horse, Wendell, would love a birthday cake with carrots- or anything else for that matter, as long as it has carrots. Cute t-shirt- I know people who subscribe to that thought about being right! Have a great week. I post the questions every Tuesday, so I hope to see you on the porch next week.

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase