Pages

Monday, August 06, 2012

Weekly update for August 6th

Since I am trying to post more often I thought I would do a weekly catch up of the past week.

1. Wednesday I was extremely grateful for God's protecting power. I was stung by a swarm of wasps at work and got stung 8-10 times. The last time I was stung by a wasp I had to go to the e.r. because I couldn't breathe. I had no reaction other than one of the stings swelling.

2. Mandi made a diaper gift for a friend of mine to take to her niece's shower.


3. I did manage to walk a couple of days and I started taking green coffee beans. I found them at Wal-Mart and read about them on Dr Oz. I am taking 4 pills a day. I will let you know how they work out.

4. I made a big batch of laundry detergent. I posted a while back about making it and forgot to let you know how it turned out. It is awesome for removing stains and odors. We love it and I have made a number of batches. I was just making small batches but this time I made a triple batch.

5. I also read on line about having silky smooth legs and tried it out.
Super Silky Summer Legs
Next time you are feeling down, about to binge, going on a date, or just need to pamper yourself, do this. I just did it and I can not stop rubbing my legs together. It feels like I paid for that over expensive pedicure at the salon.
Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 C Sugar (Yup, plain, good-ol’ white sugar)
  • 1/2 C Oil (I used olive oil, but you can use any oil, coconut oil, baby oil, canola oil)
  • 3 tablespoons Citrus (Lime or lemon)
  • 1-2 Razors
  I used a rubbermaid bowl to store it in the bathroom.  I loved how it made my legs feel. I actually used it all over like a body scrub. My arms are so smooth.

6. Was a bit upset becauseof the lies told by someone who not only claims to be a christian but is also a pastor's wife. If you aren't honest enough to stand by your words than you had no business saying them. That just makes all christians look bad especially when its someone not saved looking at your actions. This was a woman I worked with until she quit a couple weeks ago. As time goes on I find more and more lies she told. I am not perfect but I do try and I never go around bragging what a good christian I am. I am so glad she isn't part of my life but I pray that God will give her a real experience with him.

7. We ordered tickets to the Elton John concert in Wheeling next month. This is Mandi's dream come true.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase