Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

HPW-8-22-12





1. Aloha! On August 21, 1959 Hawaii officially became a US State...have you ever been? Upon arrival would you prefer an orchid or a hibiscus to tuck behind your ear?  Nope never been. I used to always want to go but after the big tsunamia, I realized there isn't enough advance notice for me :).  If I had still been going I would have preferred an orchid

2. Since we're talking tropical...what's your favorite food or beverage made with pineapple? I love about anything with pineapple, but what really pops in my mind is a pineapple stuffing (its really more of a bread pudding) that my girls insist on for every holiday. I found the recipe about 12-15 years ago and have made it ever since for all holidays. They pitch a fit otherwise.

3. Do you believe in soul mates? Explain.  I believe in being faithful and doing everything you can to make it work once married. I think that if we are following God's will that he will lead us in the direction that we could meet that one person who just fits for us but I don't think there is only one person in the entire world that is your dream. Because free will means that not only you but the other person can accept or deny the relationship.

4. Share a memory about the house you grew up in. 
My older cousin and I were playing with fire (big no no ) in a plastic bowl. All the adults were playing cards in the kitchen. We heard them coming to check on us and we hid the bowl under the porch. Yup, you guessed it porch caught on fire and so did our behinds once it was all said and done. (the house was fine, they put it out really fast)

5. Are you comfortable with silence? If I am home alone you will most likely not hear any sound at all. I don't play the radio or tv. I will occasionally get in a music mood but not often. I like silence as long as its not an icy cold silence where you know someone is mad and brooding.

6. You spot a giant spider on your bedroom wall...what's your next move? (all spiders are giant, right?) squeal then squish or run depending on size and location

7. My idea of fun does NOT include_____________. Drinking or drugs

8. Insert your own random thought here.  This one is a debbie downer but its bugging me. I was upset at work today because my upper supervisor flat out lied to my immediate supervisor and he sold out my coworker. He helped her do something and then he didn't have her back with the immediate supervisor and lied about his involvement in it. He outranks the immediate supervisor and it really bothered me on so many levels. 1. He lied 2. He sold out my coworker 3. and the biggest problem is he is a pastor. Thats the part that really gets me. I think all christians should stand by their words and certainly shouldn't lie. He did so much damage to his witness to 4 people that were there I know.

2 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Pineapple dressing, never heard of that, but if it's like a bread pudding then I'd be all over it.

I'm with you on the situation at your workplace. What a shame!

And, an opossum in your house. I probably die over that one for sure! Critters are NOT made for inside a house and how they sneak in is beyond me. And, they want out as badly as we want them out. :o)

Blessings!

Joyce said...

I usually do a ham for Easter and my girls insist on the pineapple stuffing too. I don't make it too often other than on holidays.

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase