Pages

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Sticks and Stones

At work I put a memory verse I am trying to learn each week into my screensaver. This week's verse is related to a devotional I am doing today at ladies circle.

Mark 12:36
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give an account thereof in the day of judgement.

Just think of all the things you say and imagine having to explain to God why you said them. Quite often we tend to get careless with our speech. This is my new goal to have more control over my tongue. There are quite a number of scriptures about the tongue and effects of it. We teach our kids that sticks and stones might break our bones but words will never harm us and thats not true. Words can cost you a job, a place to live, relationships and all sorts of things. Just one misplaced word can wound someone to the core so please stop and think before you say anything to anyone or about anyone. If its not something that is uplifting why say it?




Now on that note here are a few offers I have taken part in this morning.

I got 2 swagbucks this morning searching for a video link to "A Backslider's Prayer" by Ty England. I just redeemed for another $5 Amazon gift cert from here this month also.


here is a place to sign up to get a book with over $30 in coupons.
Home Made Simple

a free subscription to Golden Gazette Here is what another blogger had to say about it It comes out quarterly and will be mailed at no charge. It contains historical information about the U.S. in the 30s and 40s which is when pulp fiction was written. It further contains quizzes, contests, riddles and cryptograms which are a lot of fun.

1 comments:

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Hi! I just wanted to tell you THANKS for signing up at Paperback Swap through me! : ) I hope you enjoy it!

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase