Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

HPW- 12/12/12



Its time for another meme from across the pond as they say :).

1.  So, when did you last take a walk in the woods? A stroll along the beach? A drive going nowhere in particular in the car?
I love doing all the above. My last walk was one day last week. I love being alone and hearing the sounds of the woods around me. Of course in WV we have a lot of woods to be around :).
 Its been years since I was at the beach but my favorite times are walking while the sun is coming up on and after the moon as come out.  
 My car has some problems and the mechanic can't seem to find whats wrong so I tend to not drive anywhere thats  not necessary just in case.

2. Are you sending Christmas cards this year?  About how many do you send?  Photo card or something more traditional?  How do you display the cards you receive?
I am sending maybe about 15 or so. I am sending traditional cards. We usually hang the cards we get on the door. I am thinking this year that I will by an album and put them in it after the holidays and start saving them that way. 

3.  What's a word you've heard too much of in the past week?
I honestly can't think of a single word.

4. December 13th is National Cocoa Day-are you a fan?  Plain or flavored?  Marshmallows or no marshmallows?
I am the queen of cocoa. I love it anyway you serve it. I love marshmallows and the more the better. My grannybabies love it when I make it from scratch instead of instant.  I love all varieties. I usually have 5-6 kinds on hand at all times. 

5. What is something you do to help alleviate the hectic pace of the Christmas season?
I do most of my shopping before December ever gets here so that helps a lot. My ex-husband was a brick mason's helper when we first got married and he would be on partial unemployment every winter. The difference with partial is you only get a tiny check. So after the first year I learned to shop early. I tend to buy stuff on clearance or if I see a good deal and put it in a storage tote. Then come December we get the tote out and see what fits who and thats how we decide what they are getting.

6. Besides jewelry, what's a favorite sparkly-glittery item in your home or closet?
My house is loaded with glittery objects. I feel that when we die not having worn enough glitter will be one of the things I regret. I own clothes, hair pieces and all kinds of glitter. My new Christmas outfit is my current favorite. Its a 3 piece pant suit and its got glitter stones along the lapels of the jacket and the neckline of the top. 

7. Share a favorite line or two from any Christmas carol.
Right now the one thats been in my head for days is  "Come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord" . I just feel there isn't enough time in all of eternity to give Him the praise and honor He deserves as my  Lord and Savior. I can't say enough about all the  blessings He has given me and His mercy and grace that never fail. Like the song says I just adore Him.



8. Insert your own random thought here.
About the only thing I can think of here is how stressed the cat is making me. She is in heat and I can't afford to get her fixed right now. And for some reason she has attached herself to me and wants to be on top of my computer all the time. No matter how many times I shoo her away she keeps on. I tried to pick her up once and she sank her claws into the laptop and tore some of the keys off. I had to reattach them. 
This is her on some of the boxes of Christmas decorations we were putting out. Her name is Aphrodite and she certainly thinks she is.

3 comments:

April said...

You are one smart lady to get your shopping done before Dec. I say every year that's what I'm going to do, but it never quite pans out. Maybe next year? ;)

Arlene said...

I also shop early, usually in September and October, wrap everything as soon as it gets home, and it can go under the tree immediately. That takes lots of stress away.

Joyce said...

I'm heading to the vet this morning with my dog. She always starts itching like crazy this time of year and it makes me nuts. I know she's miserable too.

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase