Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Dancing for Jesus

I saw this video and just thought it was awesome. So many Christians act like they have to be all solemn and long face when in actuality we have so much to be joyous about. I was raised Pentecostal and they were very strict and forbade dancing. I know their intent considering how some people dance but dancing for the joy and love of God isn't the same as a sensuous body movement designed to inspire lust. Lets get back to having joy in our lives and showing it. Imagine this many people filled with the joy of the Lord and showing it.

Psalms 30:11 says "Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness"

Psalms 149:3 says "Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp."

2 Samuel 6:14 says "And David danced before the LORD with all [his] might; and David [was] girded with a linen ephod."

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase