Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Tribute to the King of Rock and Roll

35 years ago today, I was swinging in the backyard in the sunshine and the radio was in the kitchen window. The announcer came on and said he had just gotten word that the King of Rock and Roll had been found dead at his home in Memphis Tn. I was 9 years old and my heart broke. I remember crying and crying. Growing up you could watch Elvis all the time on tv, they were always playing his movies. Now you can't hardly see one except on August 16th and January 8th.  One of his favorite foods was a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich. I usually eat it every year on this day.

Ingredients

  • 2 slices white bread
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 small ripe banana
  • 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter

Directions

Place 2 pieces of white bread in the toaster on a light setting. Heat skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons butter. While the bread is toasting, in a small bowl, using a fork mash the ripe banana until it reaches a smooth consistency. Using a knife, take both pieces of the toasted bread and spread 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, topping 1 side with the mashed banana. Place 1 slice of bread on top of the other forming a sandwich. Place sandwich in hot skillet browning each side, flipping with a spatual, about 2 minutes per side. Take out of skillet, slice on a diagonal and serve on a plate.


Here are a few of my very favorite Elvis songs

Most people don't associate Elvis with gospel but thats where he started and he always remember his roots.


I just love this song.


This is probably my favorite of all his songs.


This one shows why he was known as Elvis the Pelvis


For some reason this one always caught me and I have sang it to my daughter for years.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase