Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Thanking God for His mercy and grace

Today I woke up so grateful to God for His mercy and grace. I am thankful that even when we don't know what to specifically pray for, the Holy Spirit prays for us. When I got up yesterday morning, I did not know to pray that if a fertilizer plant were to blow up that my daughter and grandchildren would be safe but God knew the need was there. My daily prayer is for the safely of my family and yesterday God delivered that. My granddaughter has dance lessons just a few buildings below the site of the explosion. She missed dance class for church. I prayed all night because my daughter doesn't have a home phone, only a cell and it doesn't get signal in her house. Joy came in the morning with her call to let me know everyone was safe and sound. The explosion was a terrible thing but it could have been so much worse. Had it happened in the day time when the workers were there, when the children were in school next door, the casualty rate would be so much higher.

This has been a hard week for America first with the Boston Marathon bombing and now this explosion in West Texas. But in both cases it could have been so much worse than it was. I know that doesn't comfort those who did lose loved ones or who's lives have been forever changed. Sadly this world is full of evil and bad things happen daily. John 16:33 tells us I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”The only thing we can do is trust in the Word of God and live for the next world where He is in control and we live eternally in peace.

Things happen  in a split second sometimes and we don't have time to make things right with family, friends or God so thats why it pays to always been ready. Always be watching for the Lord's return, always leave things with family and friends so that you can live with it for all eternity if need be. Tell your babies you love them often, kiss your spouse good bye every morning and ask forgiveness throughout the day.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase