Pages

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Peppermint & Lavender Essential Oils Review





About Peppermint Oil:
Peppermint Essential Oil is a multi-purpose oil that cools, energizes and refreshes the body and mind. This steam-distilled oil is extracted from dried or fresh leaves from the Mentha Piperita herb, giving it a sharp, menthol fragrance. Its pleasantly sweet and minty aroma makes it a premium choice for aromatherapy to improve the mind and lift the spirits.

Ingredient: 100% Pure Steam-Distilled Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha Piperita)
wanted to share some initial tips for the Peppermint Essential Oil so you get the most value out of the product:
  • You may notice that the aroma is very strong. That is because our essential oil is 100% pure, which is why we recommend to dilute well before use.
  • The bottle should be stored in a cool, dark location, away from direct heat and sunlight.
  • Our essential oil is recommended for external use only.
  • Tip: Peppermint Essential Oil is great to use to boost the spirits. Place a drop on your wrists and inhale gently to help with congestion and invigorate your senses with the invigorating, menthol fragrance.



About Lavender Essential Oil:
Lavender Essential Oil is a steam-distilled oil that relaxes and rejuvenates the body and mind with a fresh floral aroma. This essential oil is extracted from the oil glands of the Lavandula Officinalis plant, which gives the oil its sweet herbaceous fragrance. Our Lavender Essential Oil’s clean and serene aroma makes it a perfect companion for aromatherapy to help ease the mind.

Ingredient: 100% Pure Steam-Distilled Lavender Essential Oil (Lavandula Officinalis)
I wanted to share some initial tips for the Lavender Essential Oil so you get the most value out of the product:
  • You may notice that the aroma is very strong. That is because our essential oil is 100% pure, which is why we recommend to dilute well before use.
  • The bottle should be stored in a cool, dark location, away from direct heat and sunlight.
  • Our essential oil is recommended for external use only.
  • Tip: Lavender Essential Oil is great to use around the house and can even be used to freshen laundry. Add the calming scent by placing several drops of lavender essential oil on a clean cloth and tossing into the dryer during the cool-down phase.

My Thoughts
These are 2 of my 3 favorite essential oils. I was really pleased with the amount of oil for the price. I have paid as much for half the oil before. I love peppermint because it makes me feel more alert. I like it in a soap for morning showers and sometimes if I am feeling really tired I will just take a sniff from the bottle as a pick me up. I will give you a word of warning, from my experience, peppermint essential oil will lower your body temperature. So a couple of drops in the tub on a hot summer day feels wonderful, however during the winter, not so great. I once made the mistake of putting some in my bathwater in the winter and honestly thought I would freeze to death.
Lavender is my #1 favorite essential oil. I use it for a bit of everything. This is my go to oil. I put it in salves that I make, soap, sugar scrubs, etc.   Here is something that I have found to be true for my own self and shared with others and they agreed with me. For me, lavender helps with arthritis or nerve pain. I rub the essential oil straight from the bottle on the spot hurting and it really helps me. I am not a doctor, if you decide that you want to try out a natural remedy always contact and speak to your doctor first. If your skin tends to be sensitive you can dilute it in a carrier oil such as olive, shea butter, etc. I find that a warm bath with a couple drops of lavender oil in it, helps me sleep better at night.
I am going to use these oils to make some sugar scrubs and also some soaps.  Will post recipes and pictures later on when I make them.

Buy your own bottle of Lavender Essential Oil today from Amazon
Buy your own bottle of Peppermint Essential Oil today from Amazon

I received one or more products mentioned above for review purpose. No other form of compensation was received. My opinions are my own. Your opinion may vary from mine.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase