Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

24 Songs of Christmas- One Last Christmas

I know I am going a strange way with this song but I have always been strange anyway.  I have
I have been thinking (always dangerous I know) and I know it seems odd but I was thinking what a gift it can be when you know someone is terminally ill. Yes you are going to lose a love one but you get a chance to say all the things you need to, you can heal any rifts, take pictures and share stories. I remember years ago when taking care of Mom even while I prayed daily that she would live forever, that at least I could tell her how much I loved her and story memories of those final days. You know its coming and you don't have to spend years thinking of all the things you didn't say because you had an opportunity. I don't think there is ever a point that we can say we have spent enough time with loved ones on Earth, we will always want more. So if you find yourself in this place, say those I love yous, give those hugs, spend time just listening to stories about the past, take those pictures, give kisses and thank God for every minute you have together. I have been on both sides of this situation and I much prefer knowing its coming. But I have learned from the situation to not leave words unsaid and actions undone.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase