Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Its been a lovely Christmas update

We had a lovely Christmas this year. Dinner was wonderful. It worked out so peacefully. Had a couple visitors but mostly it was just my daughter, her boyfriend and myself. I wish my youngest had been here with my grandbabies but life is what it is. My oldest and I had a good time fixing dinner and opening gifts. She was absolutely thrilled with her teapot that she got from Janice at Tick Tock My Clock. Janice allowed God to use her to remind us how much God cares about even the little things in our lives by sending this teapot and tea assortment to my daughter. We got stockings for Maxine (our dog) and for the 3 cats. Bless their hearts, the cats never get to play with their stuff because Maxine is greedy and takes all toys. I think this is why the cats won't play with her.
The day after Christmas we had a bad wind storm and the power was out for about 6 hours. I was so thankful for all the AEP workers who managed to get the power back on. We had no heat and it was pretty cold here. I am going to have to get a kerosene heater for backup when the power goes out. We have heated with kerosene in the past and I prefer not to but in an emergency it is a blessing. Then last night it started a lovely white fluffy snow coming down. Its colder than can be today with wind chill temps of 12 degrees but at least we are safely bundled in the house.

2 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

I would love to have snow here, instead of just cold and dreary, dark days....but I don't want to go without power. HOPE 2013 is good to you!!!

HeY J said...

I am SOOOO glad you both liked the teapot & the teas!!! I am glad I was able to bring some Christmas cheer, because the season is about blessings and unexpected surprises ^,^
Hoping 2013 brings you & your family many more wonderful blessings!

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase