Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thankful Thursday 1-24-13



Somehow I got offtrack last week and missed posting. I realized it Saturday but thought it would be stupid to post Thankful Thursday post on Saturday :). I am not sure why but for some reason this year, I have been a day behind every day. Before I forget, I am asking a favor of everyone this week. I entered my little dog in a contest on Facebook and would really appreciate it if you have a Facebook account and would vote for her.  Well here is what I am thankful for this week.

1. I am thankful that my best friend's little dog got found. BB is a house dog but he goes out to play. He went out last Friday morning and there was a bigger dog in the yard. BB started running the big dog off and ended up following him out the yard. My friend lives beside a major road and we just knew BB had been hit. She looked and looked and we prayed and prayed. Finally after about 5 hours he was faintly heard and she went that way and found him. He wore himself out because he came home and slept all day :) I know how she feels about her little BB because thats how I feel about Maxine. Neither my friend nor myself have jobs currently so mostly we are just home alone. The little dogs lay with us almost constantly and are such company.




2. I am thankful that I now have an e-reader. I went to visit a friend on Saturday and somehow we got to talking about e-readers and she said well you can have the one I bought last month. She had never been able to figure out how it worked. It was brand new because I am the one who took her to buy it. It took a couple hours but my daughter figured it out and I have been on a downloading frenzy ever since.

3. I am thankful that Amazon has so many e-books for free :). I now have almost 500 e-books. Some of them are books that I actually already own but just love to read again but most of them are brand new to me books. I recommend you sort by low to high price. Some of the books show in the free search but actually aren't free.

3 comments:

Ms. Kathleen said...

I loved my e-reader then my daughter bought me an iPad so now I have kindle on my ipad. So everything is in one place. Love it! What a wonderful friend you have to be so generous :) http://thejoyfulservant.com

bp said...

How neat to get an e-reader! I'm glad you found so many free books for it. Have a great day!
Bethany

Heather said...

I know your friend sure is glad her dog is back home!!

I have a Kindle and love it. It's just the plain Kindle. I love getting free books or books for under $5!! That was so kind of your friend.

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase