Pages

Sunday, July 04, 2010

Then sings my Soul Saturday- Pledge of Alliegiance and You're`1 a Grand old Flag



While surfing the net I found these pledges. I remember doing the pledge of Allegiance to the Flag in school but not one for the Christian flag or the bible.




I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I pledge allegiance to the Christian Flag and to the Savior for whose Kingdom it stands. One Savior, crucified, risen, and coming again with life and liberty to all who believe.


I pledge allegiance to the Bible, God's Holy Word, I will make it a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path and will hide its words in my heart that I might not sin against God.


I remember my daughter singing over and over the song "You're a Grand Old Flag" when she was in kindergarten and first grade in Virginia but once we moved back to WV no one sang it. We used to sing it while waiting at the bus stop but over time we just forgot. I thought it would be appropriate for here. I searched and searched but almost all versions on You-Tube are simply the tunes. I like the words.


0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase