Pages

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Philippians 4:13




One of my very favorite scripture verses is Phillipians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me". I love that verse and have blogged about it before. It amazes me how the Holy Spirit can keep teaching me so much in just 10 words. I had a hard time memorizing this verse because I keep trying to change the which to the word who. It just didn't make any sense to me why it would refer to Christ as a which not a who. Then out of nowhere tonight while typing this verse on another site, the Holy Spirit opened my blinded eyes and I finally saw that what strengthens me is doing all things. If you write the verse as I can do all things which strengtheneth me, you will see it. I had completely been misunderstanding this scripture. I can't do everything or all things, only those that are designed to make me stronger and help me grow in Christ. Those are the things that Jesus helps me to do and to overcome. Not everything that we do is profitable for us, spiritually, emotionally or physically. I now understand the context of this verse and see why its which and not who. He opened my blinded eyes :).

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase