Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Final Hodgepodge for February

Its hard to believe its already the end of February. Today would have been my favorite cousin's birthday. He was killed in 1983. Hes been gone longer than he was here and yet he is still so vivid in my mind. I can still see him the last time I saw him alive. He was laying on the couch at his place with his daughter laying on his chest and he was watching Fall Guy. For years I wouldn't watch Fall Guy because it hurt to picture it. I think of all the things I would have said if I had known that time would be for all time. What words would you say to your loved ones today if  you knew this was the last time?  Ok on to the hodgepodge.

1. When were you last facing an ocean?  In ONE word describe how you felt when you faced that ocean.

I can't remember the exact year but I think it was probably 2000. My aunt, her husband and another aunt had went to Ocean Isle Beach in NC and I went with them. We stayed at the Islander Inn which I don't know about it today but years ago it was very nice. One of my favorite things was the heated indoor pool. It was actually March when we went so it was too cold to swim except in the heated pool.  I used to get up at sunrise to walk the beach and watch the sun come up over the ocean.   Awestruck is the one word that described how I felt. 

2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?

Fingers on a blackboard sound, yelling as in arguing, constant droning of the tv.  

3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for clothes do you try everything on in the store or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?

I know this isn't natural for women as they say but I hate to shop so I will almost always try on the clothes there just so I don't have to make another trip back. If its something I buy all the time and I am sure of  the size and look then I won't bother. 


4.  February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut?  Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?

I have never tried a pistachio. I used to be engaged to a man who's dad loved them and we would buy them for him all the time but I just never tried them. I have IBS so nuts aren't my friends. Years ago I tried pistachio pudding and it just didn't appeal to me so that probably figured into my not wanting to try pistachios. 

5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach a compromise or slightly irritated it came to that?

Honestly nothing comes to mind. 

6.  Have you ever written a letter to an elected official?  Did you get a response?

Yes and yes. 

7.  We 'March' into a new month at the end of the week...what is something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?

March is my least favorite month now and I am actually dreading it but prior to last year, I would have said that just knowing the little bubs such as crocus or tulips bloom around here in March. And of course this year Easter is in March. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I am so ready for spring. I want to see some signs of spring soon. I am tired of winter. 


3 comments:

bp said...

I am looking forward to spring as well. I have little buds coming up!

Joyce said...

We still have snow on the ground here so Spring feels a long way off. Easter falling in the month of March helps make it feel less dreary.

That was a very poignant story you told at the beginning of the post. Life is precious...I'm sorry for your loss.

Theresa said...

I am waiting for the crocuses to peek through the snow ;)

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase