Pages

Monday, March 04, 2013

Cucumber hint

     Here is a tip I found online and proved to be true this month. We bought some cucumbers on Feb 7th and I just ate the last one tonight and it was still just good as when we bought it. It wasn't mushy, had no bad spots, was crisp.  What you do is wrap each individual cucumber in a paper towel or  2 if thats what it takes to wrap it. Then after wrapping all the cucumbers individual put them in a plastic bag (store bag) and put them in the frig. I was amazed how well it worked. I have bought cucumbers and got them home and within 2 days they were bad and had to be thrown out. I wish I had thought to take a picture of it so you could see how fresh it stayed.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Butterfly Acres. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase